Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just our luck


So, for the past 2 days we have been planning, shopping and packing to take our family to the snow today...Sunday. I bought snow suits for the babies, borrowed a bunch of snow clothes from my good friend Denise for Tyler and myself, drove all over Amador County looking for a sled, packed an ice chest of drinks, fruit, granola bars, pretzels, and various other snacks, packed extra clothes for everyone, extra clothes for afterwards, trash bags for wet clothes, blankets, diaper bags, bags of over sized snow clothes along with other misc. items. We were all so excited but TJ and I were already exhausted from packing for this adventure. We left the house at 9am and drove over by highway 50 to meet Anthony, Nicole and Maddie to caravan up to Sly Park. When we got to our meeting point we were of course early, we all know TJ! Ryan started crying and fussing and just wouldn't stop. After a few minutes TJ pulled him out of the car while we waited for the Staiti family. And as he did that Ryan threw up all over TJ. We thought maybe he had gotten car sick from the windy road, but he continued to throw up every 5-10 minutes. So at this point we knew we were NOT going. We loaded everyone back up including a VERY sad and upset little boy named Tyler. I wanted to cry for him because I have never seen him that upset before. This would have been his first time to the snow. He was so sad and yelled to Ryan "it's all your fault you stupid baby." It was sort of hard not to laugh because of what he said, but then I had to explain that it's not his fault and that we would go to the snow the next chance we could. TJ and I looked at each other and said "we should have known". Every time we have anything planned someone gets sick. We feel like why do we even try to do anything because it always ends up in a disappointment. I just want to scream. I feel really bad and I was really looking forward to a fun family Sunday, but instead all we got was another boring day in the house cleaning up throw up. The only picture I got from today was one of Ryan. Denise gave us some boots for him so we wouldn't have to buy some and he refused to take them off. He wore them all day yesterday. So cute. So I guess we will try this again next weekend....that is if everyone is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment