Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sickness Update

Well, I spent the morning debating on whether or not to take the babies to the Dr. again. I decided after their nap I would take them. Poor Ryan has 2 ear infections and has green and yellow pus draining out of them, he is running a fever, has a horribly running and stuffy nose, has a bad cough and is basically just miserable. I made him his favorite scrambled eggs with ham and cheese for dinner and he barley ate a thing. As for Noah, he has a fever, stuffy and runny nose, a cough and diarrhea! So far his ears are clear and both their lungs are clear as well. So those are both good things. I am focusing on the positives here, not negative. We also ended up seeing a doctor who we have never seen before because their regular pediatrician was off today. And I must say that I think I will be switching over. He was awesome. He put Ryan on a systemic antibiotic and the antibiotic ear drops. He wanted to make sure that we didn't end up back in the office in 2 days again, which I appreciate so much. Plus he wanted to get the ear infection knocked out as quickly as possible. And he gave me several different options and let me decide what I wanted for both of my kids. And anyone who knows me knows that I like options when it comes to my kids. He also told me to give the boys a teaspoon of honey mixed with warm water in a sippy cup to help their cough. And you know what, it worked! Our regular ped. always tells us there is nothing for a cough and to put on the cool mist humidifier which is a piece of crap and does nothing other than drowned out sound. He also gave me a few ideas on how to get the boys to sleep through the night without just letting them cry it out. He was more realistic with his approaches and told me that it would take weeks to get them to do it. Then he gave Ryan ear drops right in the office and looked for some samples to give us to take home. NO ONE has ever done that before. So as of now, the babies are sound asleep and we haven't heard a peep from them and it has been 35minutes! Almost a record for these past few days! Maybe God will bless me with a few continuous hours of sleep tonight. I only have 30 more minutes until I can go to bed! My mom is going to take Tyler for the weekend to give him a break from a boring sick house and me a break too! Thank you mommy. I know Tyler will enjoy himself so much. He will be going fishing with Papa on the sailboat and playing Tony Hawk with Grandma on the XBox! And of course eating all sorts of special Tyler foods. Ahhh. I remember those days at my Grandparents and I miss that. Can I come?

1 comment:

  1. Sister I have to say you are an amazing writer! I love reading your posts everyday. I love how you tell your families stories! I am always drawn right in and then always myself smiling ear to ear by the end. You are a very amazing person! I'm so happy you found a new Doc for the boys. I love that he had things for you pick from and didn't just want to let the boys cry all night. Also the price for your program is $199.89 I don't know what the shipping will be. But I think I can have it sent right to your house. hugs to all. love you guys

    ReplyDelete