Saturday, February 14, 2009

Much Needed Rest

So we all know that we have struggled for 20 months to get Ryan and Noah to sleep through the night. Well, TJ and I finally have had enough of the getting up 3-10 times per night. Last night we decided to buy ear plugs and let the babies "cry it out". Everyone knows that I am not a "cry it out" fan, however I am beyond sleep deprived and the babies are not getting the rest they need at night. So we did our normal bedtime routine, turned their music on, turned on the night light and put 5 suckies in each of their beds. I think that last one was the key. They went to bed like normal and like normal woke about 11:30 crying. I hadn't put in my ear plugs because I wanted to see if I could deal with it first. So I listened to Noah fuss and fuss but it was a miracle. He only fussed for about 3 minutes and went back to sleep. There were 4 of these last night and each only lasted 2-5 minutes. I think they must have found a suckie and put themselves back to sleep. Mommy and daddy never got up for them and they slept until 7am! So this is going to be our new thing. I refuse to enter their bedroom unless I here the "mommy I need you" cry. Hopefully after a few days of this they might just sleep all the way through without waking at all. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment