Saturday, February 21, 2009

Miracles Happen at the Brackett House

Some may not consider these things miracles, but I do. When you live in a house with sickies for a week, not to mention they are all boys so we all know how boys are when they are sick, you find yourself giving thanks for the smallest of things. Well I have to say that the babies have slept more than they ever have in the past 2 days which is nothing short of a damn miracle. Thursday night we put the babies down at 7:45 and we didn't hear a peep from them until 6:45! Yes, 11 hours of sleep. Which means that mommy got 8 straight hours of sleep. And I haven't quite figured out if they slept because they were so damn tired or if it was the few things we had done before their bedtime ie: the honey water, Motrin, and warm steam vaporizer. So of course we decided to do the exact same thing last night and guess what? We put them down at 8pm and Noah woke up at 8am! And Ryan slept until 10am this morning! I kept going in to check on him to make sure he was alive still. Ryan is always the first one up. Now, I did end up getting up 3 times that night with Ryan but it wasn't bad and I still slept in until 8 which I have NEVER done. I almost felt too rested this morning! ha ha. But I thanked God for these little nighttime miracles because without them mommy wouldn't be surviving.

Besides the miracles with sleep, there was a little miracle with TJ this morning! He got up and without the persuasion of me nagging him he went out and did the yard work! Anyone who knows TJ knows that this is one of his least favorite things to do. So we were really sad when we had to let our Landscaping Co. go. I loved having them come every week and handle that. But something had to go to make my life better when we got our van. But I will say that getting our gardeners back is something I am striving for. So kudos to my hubby for working his butt of today to make me happy! Gosh as I read this back I am starting to realize that I am not too hard to please. The simplest of things makes me happy. A good nights sleep and a nicely manicured yard. What a looser I am. ha ha.

Anyways, I am happy to announce that our family seems to be on the up and up now. And just in time to celebrate my Grandpa Jack's 80 birthday celebration tomorrow. Happy Birthday Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment