Monday, May 4, 2009

I loved this poem

This was not written by me so I could never take the credit, however, I ran acrossed it today online and had to share. This is my life in a nutshell and I'm sure those who aren't raising boys could still relate to it as well. Happy early Mother's Day to all the moms out there.


I scrub the wall of fingerprints,
Pick up the mounds of clothes.
I sweep the dirt that shoes track in-
Wish I could use a hose!
Meals are served from dawn to dark,
Dirty dishes crowd the sink.
Just when they're washed and put away-
Everyone wants a drink!
The washer pulls the dirty grime
From pants worn thin and patched.
They look so very neat and clean-
Yuck, look what the pockets hatched!
Broken bones and bloody knees,
I should have been a nurse.
I take it all in shaky stride-
Just grateful it's not worse!
Screams and shouts and arguments
Test the keeping of my cool.
They left the neighbor's faucet on-
See their new front yard pool!
A soothing bath is ecstasy,
A reward at the end of my rope.
Raising boys isn't really bad-
But first I must wash the soap!
A rose can say I Love You,
Orchids can enthrall;
But a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,
Oh my, that says it all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yes this is you and the BOYS! Love them boys with all my heart! Noah says "granma" to me on the phone....WOW he says my name!!!! Love to Ryan who always giggles and says, "HI, HI, HI!!!" and Tyler who shares his days little white lies with me....Ha HA. "He got spit at by a King Cobra and he didn't die!!!!" LOVE YOU!
    You make me smile all the time. Thank God for all of you! Momma

    ReplyDelete